Many people procrastinate when it comes to car insurance and teen drivers. However, if you are one of those, you need to understand the importance of car insurance for teen drivers. Most people add their teen drivers to their policies and this is for good reason. The best things are that it is generally quite affordable and easier to manage.
Car insurance and teen drivers
- You can share cars – You will be covered and would not have any trouble if your teen takes your car to drive. All covered drivers hold the right to access all the vehicles mentioned in the policy.
- Make sure they’re properly covered – Before signing; you need to make sure that you are easily able to see, add, and update the coverage.
- Multi-car discount – Why should you spend a huge amount when a multi-car insurance discount can easily cover the expense of insuring a young driver. You can get the benefit of the discounts offered by the insurers.
- Good student discount – One of the benefits of getting a car insurance for a teen driver is good student discounts. However, you must keep in mind that this discount is only available when a student is added to an insured’s family.
The prominent teen driving mistakes to be avoided
- Speeding – Make sure your teen is adhered to go with an ideal speed limit to minimize the accidental issues.
- Getting distracted – At the time of driving, it is important to stay alert. The driver needs to keep a close eye while on road to scan the road, locate the potential trouble, and stay safe.
- Taking unnecessary risks – Teens must be aware of staying away from the unnecessary risks including speeding, drink and drive, and so on.
- Failing to keep a proper distance – Teen drivers need to maintain an ideal distance from the vehicle ahead of them in order to prevent any mishaps.
- Not wearing the seat belt – Neglecting the importance of a seat belt can be highly risky as it keeps you safe.
- Driving when one is tired – Remove the thought of driving if you are quite tired. Moreover, never drive if you did not have proper sleep.
Importance of additional car insurance coverage for teen drivers
A variety of additional coverage options can be added to a car insurance for teen drivers. Moreover, car insurance add-ons for teen drivers can be taken as per the drivers’ specific needs. The following are some of the additional coverage options for teens.
- Collision and comprehensive coverage
- Underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage
- Personal injury protection (PIP)
- Medical payments teen insurance coverage
- Rental reimbursement coverage
- Towing and labor coverage
- Emergency roadside assistance coverage
Importance of dash cams in a car
Apart from capturing the memorable journey and beautiful location, a dash cam with GPS also makes parents of teen drivers at peace as they can locate the car any time. A car dash cam also plays the role of an eyewitness for the car insurance company in case for an accident by a teen driver. The best dash cam are follows:
- Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam
- The Blackcam BCH-1000 Hybrid
- The Black Box Mobius Pro Mini Action Camera
- The Falcon Zero F170HD+
- The Cobra Electronics CDR 900 Dash Cam
Teen drivers must also install car data readers in the car to maintain all the records regarding vehicle crashes, accidents, and so on. To put in simple words, it maintains the best records and provides one with the desired information.
So, are you looking for the best car features for teen drivers? You have landed on the right platform as here is a list of the best cars suitable for teen drivers.
- Chevrolet Malibu
- Chrysler 200 – Interior
- Ford Fusion
- Honda Accord
- Honda Accord
- Kia Optima
At the time of car financing and before taking a car insurance for a teen driver, you need to keep all these points in mind to stay at peace later.